Wednesday, May 26, 2010

my creative space


This week I'm still boat building. But, with a difference. I'm creating sails from vintage pillowcases. These boats might not suit the blue/pink variety of nurseries, but if you're anything like me, and adore a mish mash of colour with a bit of vintage thrown in, they would look super cute hung from a door knob or cot.

To 'go with the look', I have made the little flags from old velvet ribbons and I have just invested (last night in fact) in a fabulous box of old buttons from eBay.

Here are the buttons;

Aren't they cool!
I'll pop a button on the boat for that finishing touch. I thought maybe a maroon button to match the flag would look nice on the above boat. What d'ya think?
Take a look at kootoyoo for more creative goings on this week!

1 comment:

  1. How gorgeous - love the use of the vintage fabric and love your choice of colours. The vintage buttons are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete