Monday, May 17, 2010

hot soup!

PUMPKIN SOUP



It's that time of year again. Cold days crying out Hot Soup!
1 steamed pumpkin
1 steamed sweet potato
2 small onions
500ml chicken stock
1/2 tsp curry paste
small can coconut milk
big knob of butter
salt n pepper
I steamed the veggies (but think roasted would be yummier) and used an Indian curry paste (but think Thai might be yummier) and Light Coconut Milk (but think full fat MUST be better -isn't it always??). However I cooked it all up in a pan and stuck it through the blender and it was still
VERY YUMMY!!
Enjoy!.....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks lovely. Will give this version a try. How many would it serve?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM. I have a very similar recipe but it only uses sweet potatos. Must try your addition of pumpkin. Ah good soup; warms the cockles of your heart as my mamma would say. What exactly is a cockle of the heart? I don't know. But I do know this would warm mine.

    ReplyDelete