Wednesday, May 12, 2010

a cushion, a winerack and something very small...

3 new things in my house this week.


I found a cushion insert in Vinnies with all intentions of making a patchwork chenille cover (coming soon!). I also bought an olivey green (my new favourite colour in ANYTHING) velvet cover in yet another Vinnies. So I brought the two together and sewed on a sparkly black bow and some black pom pom trim and Im left with a sultry boudoir style cushion with nowhere to live as it doesn't match anything in my house....but who likes matching anyway.



I found this wine rack in an antique shop at the fabulous JindyAndy Mill east of Nowra. Have no idea of its origin, but it's yellow, and a bit wierd so felt the need to bring it home. It is also a complete mismatch with anything in my kitchen....but nothing matches in there anyway!

My father in law just returned from England and brought home this super cute pigeon pair. A mini beach house and a mini yacht. This does match my nautical themed bedroom and they sit nicely on top of our nautically welcoming bedhead. ps. how cute are the proverbs?!

And that's it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment