Sunday, July 18, 2010

my kitchen cupboard

I made a new mat for my kitchen cupboard yesterday. I really loved this fabric from Spotlight and thought it was quite kitcheny with some lovely retro tones put together. I sewed a double edge of rick rack around the edge so it looked like a mat, and not just a piece of material.
Unintentionally, it matches everything that lived on top of the cupboard anyway! I think it all looks good together.
This little Pinocchio hangs from one of the handles. I picked him up on a family holiday to Sorrento in Italy when I was 8! Like me, he's getting on a bit. But his hair stayed black, mine turned grey. Wish I was made of wood and looked the same 26 years later!
The cupboard is a roadside find. It weighs a ton and was a mission getting in the back of the car but I fell in love with it and had to have it. I painted it blue and was going to sand down the wood bits and paint them a different colour but haven't got round to it yet. Maybe one day....






































No comments:

Post a Comment