Wednesday, May 25, 2011

our creative spaces...

I have been eyeing up the 'red thread' babushka doll pattern for so long in my local fabric shop. Their little faces are so sweet but I just needed the right occasion to get motivated to buy one and make it.
It is our friend Lola's third birthday next week, perfect occasion!
I have also been dying to use the above fabric scrap for ages and so happily used it as one of the panels. It was so fun to put together and I'm pretty happy with the result. Only thing is I'm a bit concerned that her head is waaaay too big for her body. She is however a babushka and they aren't exactly conventional body shape anyway so I'm not too stressed about it.

I added a little flower in her hair and some trim along the top panel.

For more crafty things pop over to 'our creative spaces' hosted by Kootoyoo.

4 comments:

  1. She's very sweet and I really love the flower in her hair:) I've been wanting to make one but I haven't had a excuse yet:( Have a great Friday.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her unconventional shape... it's perfect for a three year old to carry around and cuddle.

    That flower in her hair is gorgeous - and it perfectly matches her lips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love her flower! I have been addicted to making these for family and friends for birthdays over the last year.

    ReplyDelete