Friday, September 30, 2011

baby mania....

Phew it seems like I haven't blogged in forever but I have been off having myself a little baby. I now have a new little man named Spike who is just 8 days old who has inspired me to make some onesies! With Smurf fever at the movies I thought I'd resurrect my 1970's vintage Smurf fabric and use it to applique some plain white cotton onesies.

I then got myself all excited about my vintage stash of fabrics and made this one for little girls using some really sweet old bed sheets with Bambi's and Bunnies all over them.
A lot of the baby stuff around is very samey so I'm racking my brains to come up with some sweet little vintagey numbers for Mr Spike. More to come! ...........

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS Miss G on your beautiful new Spike! Love the name and your very understated "I've been off having a baby" made me giggle. I hope you are well and truly ensconsed in that blissful baby bubble that wraps you up in these first few months. Sending a big hug to you all your babes. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh george! Congratulations! How wonderful for you! Can't wait to 'meet' you new little man! The onesies are gorgeous... bit of a surf fan so am loving them! Hope you are all well... sending lots of best wishes to you and your little family. May there be lots of hugs and kisses for your new baby boy! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your new baby boy! very cute name and i look forward to seeing a photo :) the onesies turned out cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your gorgeous man! Great job on the onsies, very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete